27-year-old Mariah Earp, a mother to three children, died of fentanyl poisoning in 2020 after taking what she thought was Xanax. Now her mother, Rachel Carlisle has become an outspoken advocate for breaking the stigma and telling Mariah’s story on TikTok, where her videos have received more than 200,000 likes. Rachel says he wants other parents to know it’s okay to talk about the loss of a child to fentanyl and to know they are not alone, just like we do on this podcast.
Rachel also had billboards put up with her daughter’s photo in her Indiana community to draw attention to fentanyl pills flooding the area.
Find Rachel on TikTok: @JustMeRachelC
Find Emily’s Hope on TikTok: @EmilysHope_
MEET THE GUEST
Rachel Carlisle lost her beautiful daughter, Mariah, on May 14, 2020, to Fentanyl Poisoning. Mariah took what she thought was a Xanax which ended up costing her life.
Now Rachel focuses on raising awareness of this deadly poison and trying to break the stigma surrounding substance use disorder.