Comedian Dana Carvey’s son dies from accidental drug overdose

Comedian Dana Carvey’s oldest son, Dex Carvey, died from an accidental drug overdose, according to a statement from the family,

Dana and his wife, Paula Zwagerman, shared the news on social media, writing, “Last night we suffered a terrible tragedy.”

Dex was a comedian like his dad, starring in “Straight White Male,” “Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser” and “The Funster.”

“Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things – music, art, film making, comedy – and pursued all of them passionately,” the family statement reads.

Courtesy: Dana Carvey’s Facebook

Dana is best known for his role on “Wayne’s World” and “Wayne’s World 2,” along with being a “Saturday Night Live” cast member for seven seasons, which earned him five consecutive Primetime Emmy Award nominations.

Sadly, Dex joins a growing list of celebrities who have recently died from drug overdoses, including “Euphoria” star Angus Cloud, Robert De Niro’s grandson, Coolio and Adam Rich.

Drug overdoses are now the number one killer of Americans under the age of 50, with more than 112,000 people dying in the last 12 month reporting period.

“To anyone struggling with addiction or who loves someone struggling with addiction, you are in our hearts and prayers,” Dana and Paula said in their statement.

You can find resources for help with substance use disorder on the Emily’s Hope “Find Help” page.