Son of ‘Saturday Night Live’ and ‘Wayne’s World’ star died from combination of drugs

LOS ANGELES – The oldest son of “Wayne’s World” and “Saturday Night Live” star Dana Carvey died from an accidental drug overdose, according to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner. As Emily’s Hope previously reported, Dex Carvey died in November at the age of 32.

The newly released autopsy report reveals that Dex died in November, after ingesting a combination of fentanyl, ketamine and cocaine.

Dana and his wife, Paula Zwagerman, shared the news on social media after their son’s passing. “Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things – music, art, filmmaking, comedy – and pursued all of them passionately,” the family statement reads. “To anyone struggling with addiction or who loves someone struggling with addiction, you are in our hearts and prayers.”

Dex was a comedian like his dad, starring in “Straight White Male,” “Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser” and “The Funster.”

Hollywood is suffering a growing number of deadly drug overdoses and fentanyl poisonings, including the recent deaths of Matthew Perry, Euphoria” star Angus Cloud, and Robert De Niro’s grandson–just to name a few.

If you or someone you know is struggling with substance use disorder, you can find resources for help on the Emily’s Hope Find Help page.